From Robert Vesse <>
Subject RE: Adding support for MonetDB
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:45:04 GMT
Thanks for figuring this out Paolo, sounds like the same issue we had with my RDF/JSON parsing

-----Original Message-----
From: Paolo Castagna []
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: Adding support for MonetDB

I think I might have identified what can go wrong and cause problems
when users submit patches.

On 11 October 2011 13:34, Paolo Castagna <> wrote:
> Hi Damian
> Damian Steer wrote:
>> On 11 Oct 2011, at 11:32, nat lu wrote:
>>> HI,
>>> Had a quick look - the patch seems to want to delete (in entirety) a couple of
existing SDB classes which I had made minimal modifications to, so I've re-checked out SDB
1.3.4 and created a new patch which I can upload later. So - the first attachment in Jira
shouldnt be used.
>> Thanks for looking at this. I just tried applying this and it went a bit wrong.
> It's strange, I think it's really important we understand what goes wrong when we receive
a patch which do not apply cleanly.
> If the patch is small, it's not a big deal to apply the changes manually. But it's time
> If the patch is big, applying it manually is not an option.

Configuring the Subversion client

Committers will need to properly configure their svn client. One
particular issue is OS-specific line-endings for text files. [...] Add
the contents of the file
to the bottom of your ~/.subversion/config file.
Tip: If you use TortiseSVN, a popular Windows GUI client that
integrates with Windows Explorer, you can simply right click in
Explorer and select TortiseSVN - Settings, and then press the "Edit"
button to update your "Subversion configuration file:". Simply copy
the above svn-eol-style.txt file's contents into the end of the config
editor (usually Notepad) that appears, and save the file.

Maybe is this what happened: all the lines were changed because of the
I am sending this email so that when this happens again we all know
where to look for a fix.

View raw message