From Thorsten Möller <>
Subject Re: Jena release : suggested approach
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:45:50 GMT

Am 30.11.2011 um 17:26 schrieb Paolo Castagna:

> Thorsten Möller wrote:
>> Am 30.11.2011 um 10:39 schrieb Andy Seaborne:
>>> == Version number
>>> I think it's worth bumping the minor version number on ARQ and Jena - the jar
files have changed name format; the maven artifacts have different names, ARQ is SPARQL 1.1
(query, update) complete.
>>> JenaTop 0
>>> IRI 0.9.0
>>> Jena 2.7.0
>>> ARQ 2.9.0
>>> LARQ?
>>> Download 2.7.0 (in line with Jena core)
>> Does it mean version numbers of the download and Jena-core are kept in line just
for this release or also for future releases? What if you want to release a new download (because
of a critical bug in a non Jena-core module) while the version of Jena-core has not changed
- fourth level
> Hi Thorsten,
> I am not sure I completely understand your question.
> But, let's say a critical bug is found in jena-core 2.7.0.

That's the innocuous case. Suppose the initial versions are Jena-Core 2.7.0 and 2.9.0 for
ARQ. Then a critical bug is found and fixed in ARQ, a new release of ARQ is made having a
new version number, say 2.9.0->2.9.1, and you want to provide a new/updated download. Then
you either have the option of increasing the version of the download, say 2.7.0->2.7.1,
which results in tying it apart from Jena core. Or you introduce a fourth level for the download, thereby keeping the first three levels in line with Jena core.

View raw message