From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: Jena release : suggested approach
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:26:10 GMT
Thorsten Möller wrote:
> Am 30.11.2011 um 10:39 schrieb Andy Seaborne:
>> == Version number
>> I think it's worth bumping the minor version number on ARQ and Jena - the jar files
have changed name format; the maven artifacts have different names, ARQ is SPARQL 1.1 (query,
update) complete.
>> JenaTop 0
>> IRI 0.9.0
>> Jena 2.7.0
>> ARQ 2.9.0
>> LARQ?
>> Download 2.7.0 (in line with Jena core)
> Does it mean version numbers of the download and Jena-core are kept in line just for
this release or also for future releases? What if you want to release a new download (because
of a critical bug in a non Jena-core module) while the version of Jena-core has not changed
- fourth level

Hi Thorsten,
I am not sure I completely understand your question.

But, let's say a critical bug is found in jena-core 2.7.0.
We can fix it there and release: jena-core 2.7.1.
And then decide to roll-out a new Jena download (a.k.a. apache-jena 2.7.1).
Why do you think a fourth-level version number is necessary?

> Thorsten

View raw message