From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: Jena release : suggested approach
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:31:07 GMT
Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Proposal: JenaTop, IRI, Jena, ARQ, (?LARQ?) and a download.

> I'd like to call that "apache-jena".

Feel free to remove everything that clashes with "apache-jena" in the
Apache snapshot repository or elsewhere.

As per pom.xml: 1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT ==> 1.0.0-incubating

The Maven release plugin does that automatically.

> == After
> * TDB
> * Fuseki

Yes, please.

For TDB, even just a release candidate in the Apache Maven staging
repository would help (=> no need to fork and roll-out releases
internally/elsewhere). Via Maven release plugin this should just a
matter of type:

  mvn -Papache-release release:prepare
  mvn -Papache-release release:perform

I've never tested this on the Apache infrastructure, but I am using
the Maven release plugin elsewhere with no problems. It's does a good
job in automating the all process. The only problem is when something
goes wrong, sometimes I need to rollback changes manually, but it's
very rare.

View raw message