From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject Example code
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:07:06 GMT
There are various bits of example code referenced from the current
documentation. There's more that I would like to add to support some of
the new content. What we don't have, at the moment, is a place to put it
(Paolo's github notwithstanding [1] :)

Proposal: create an svn module

(with standard trunk/, tags/, branches/ layout). Use maven for
dependencies. For each example, e.g. the Ont API class hierarchy
example, create a Java package:

in src/main/java, and put necessary resources (*.rdf, assembler configs,
etc), in src/main/resources/example/class_hierarchy

Optionally, we could group examples together by theme:

but personally I'm in favour of a flat structure so that users can see
all of the examples at one level.

There should be some level of README documentation about each example in
the examples package somewhere.

Distribution could either be by just letting users check out the code
from svn or the git mirror (we could provide detailed instructions on
the web site), or we could add an assembly to zip up the contents of the
examples module.

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK

View raw message