From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject Docs updated
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:54:57 GMT
A couple more updates to the web documentation:

- I've migrated the eyeball docs under documentation/tools [1] (Chris:
can you please check this and update as necessary)

- I've added the old notes on the reification SPI and API, and the
enhanced-nodes howto, as documentation/notes/jena-internals.html. This
is quite old content now, so I'm not averse to just leaving it out.

The main TODO's that remain related to the downloads: I don't know where
the downloads will be able to be, er, downloaded from once we have the
build process sorted out. Various bits of docs refer to 'download this
<the download area>' - I've tried to leave TODO notes in place so that
we can go and sort that out once it's clear where we should be pointing
people to.

I haven't yet migrated the old contribs page [2]. I presume that there's
no reason not to do this? I also presume that it will need renaming,
since we'd want to avoid any connotations that these are contribitions
*to* Jena. Any suggestions?

Apart from the contribs, I think the old content is now migrated into

The other big white-space in the site is the intermediate-level
documentation, which sits, thematically, between the low-level tutorials
and the detailed documentation. This is new content to be written, not
old stuff to migrate. I think the main sticking point here is where to
put example code, but I'll bring that up in the next message.

As ever, please have a check round the staging site and either fix or
report any problems that you find.

View raw message