From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject LARQ status... Lucene 3.1.0 --> 3.4.0 and LARQ 1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:58:01 GMT
I've upgraded Lucene dependency for LARQ (3.1.0 --> 3.4.0).
LARQ version is now 1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.

These are the open issues related to LARQ from JIRA:

   JENA-9 - LARQ as a separate module from ARQ
  JENA-17 - Refactor LARQ so that it becomes easy to plug in different
            indexes such as Solr or ElasticSearch instead of Lucene
  JENA-63 - Add LARQ to Fuseki distribution
JENA-164 - LARQ needs to update the Lucene index when a SPARQL Update
            request is received

JENA-9 is done (thanks to Andy for the work on ARQ for this). The issue is
still open, but there is nothing to do. We close it as soon as we release

JENA-17 is a long term improvement.

JENA-63 is currently blocked by JENA-164. However, I would be in favour to
apply the patch in JENA-63 treating JENA-164 as a known limitation (which
we need to remove with a later release. What do you think?

I'd like to be able to easily use LARQ from Fuseki (even if Lucene index
is not kept up-to-date when SPARQL Update requests are received). What do
you think?

In any case, none of the LARQ issues above is blocking a release.

Next is SDB.

View raw message