From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject JIRA issues and "Fix Version/s"...
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:12:58 GMT
perhaps we can try to use JIRA "Fix Version/s" to assign JIRA
issues to releases (they can be moved as we wish). See, for

Issues to be fixed before releasing Apache Jena 2.6.5:

Release Notes:

... there are Maven plugins as well, but I have never used them seriously.

As an experiment, let's see how this works for us.

It clearly communicates to people what are we planning to have
fixed by the next release.

If you want to add a "Due Date" for a release, is possible,
but I did not put a date down. (*)

(*) From ApacheCon  (an example of "Due Date"): Apache Lucene 4.0
will be released any day from now, but a good estimate is 6 to 15
months. A lot of interesting features and performance improvements
coming though... great stuff, great project, great community and
a lot of news! ;-)

View raw message