From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Code clean up
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 14:08:18 GMT
With the re-contribution from TopQuadrant, the code base (IRI, Jena,
ARQ, TDB, SDB, Fuseki) is now as clean as it can be for a release.

I am committing the cleaned up files for Jena and IRI at the moment.
Every source file has changed; there will be some more changes if I
identify any other files that should be changed.

Alter: Large number of commit messages to follow.

There is one non-Apache item in the codebase around a contribution from
Plugged In Software in 2003 to ARP (The RDF/XML reader).  This is
covered by a BSD-style license so it's category A and we can release
Jena with that contribution, suitably documented.  I'll continue the
legal archaeology on this but it's not clear what the contribution is
(only the files affected).  It is clear is specific to modifications to
certain interfaces internally within ARP.

The required files (NOTICE, LICENSE, DISCLAIMER) need checking and
especially understanding what RAT is putting in the DEPENDENCIES file in
META_INF/ jars because it's automated, and does not include the
information from the project one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
JENA-110 (remove RDB)

I have also created tag (jena-2.6.4-last-RDB) for the Jena codebase at
this point so we have a cleaned-up version with RDB code in it as a
record.  We can now remove RDB (JENA-110) while leaving a checkpoint.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

In addition, there is some trivial reformating corrections I'd like to
do on all the modules (the Apache License comment in in a /** */ block,
not a /* */ block; convert to uniform line endings) while the codebase
is in churn anyway.  This will affect anyone who has uncommitted changes.

I'll do these trivial changes as and when I have a few minutes (and a
lot of upload bandwidth) over the next few days.  Please shout if it's
going to be a major inconvenience to you - it's not necessary, it's just
being tidy.

Alter: Another batch of commit messages.

View raw message