From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject Re: TestOntDocumentationManager.testReadFailHandler1 ... is this test terribly slow for you as well?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:11:03 GMT
Hi Paolo,

On 04/11/11 07:51, Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking into ERROR and WARN logging messages for JENA-36
> therefore I've been executing Jena tests a lot in Eclipse and
> via mvn test command line.
> Jena test suite is fast (very, very, very good!).
> However, I noticed this test is "terribly" slow when I run tests
> on my machine: TestOntDocumentationManager.testReadFailHandler1
> ... as if there was some connection timeout.
Well, testing the read fail handler behaviour requires there to be a
read failure. At the moment, that test reads from [1], following advice
in [2]. But it should fail fast when your DNS fails to resolve the URL,
rather than fail slowly by waiting for a non-existant web service.

Feel free to disable that test locally while you're iterating your
JENA-36 patch - it's fairly stable behaviour that isn't likely to change
any time soon.

[1] http://example.invalid/not/defined

View raw message