From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: XMLInputFactory#newFactory not available in OpenJDK 1.6
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 15:12:28 GMT
On 01/11/11 13:56, Simon Helsen wrote:
> Hi guys,
> when I load the latest Jena2 project in an environment with an IBM JDK 6,
> I run into a compile error in line 67 of StAX2SAX
> It seems that the method XMLInputFactory#newFactory() does not exist. I
> cross-checked with OpenJDK 1.6 and it has the same problem.  Now, the
> method does exist in the Oracle JRE, but if you use
> XMLInputFactory#newInstance(), it works in all environments (where I
> double checked that the implementation for newInstance() is identical to
> newFactory() in the Oracle JRE)
> Is this something that could be addressed? Do you want me to open an issue
> to track this?
> thanks
> Simon

I am using:

java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.2) (6b22-1.10.2-0ubuntu1~11.04.1)

and it compiles for me (Eclipse, maven)

There has been a change to Java6 recently - the Eclipse projects were
updated but if you are using your own Eclipse setup, you'll have to do
the same.  It is set to the Eclipse generic name for Java6 so if there
is a JDK of the right type installed for Eclipse it should work.

   <classpathentry kind="con"

View raw message