From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: some broken links
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 04:45:33 GMT
Tim Harsch wrote:
> Hi,
> I found a broken link while reading the ARQ/Lucene docs [1].

Hi Tim,
thanks for pointing us at it.

Fixed in the staging site, it will be on-line next time the website
is published. As Ian said, the website has moved from SF to Apache,
the LARQ page now is here:

We could use <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=...">
for pages that have already moved from SF to Apache.

Yes, the W3C Link Checker is useful.

> As I was cruising along the site I found two more broken links on the ARQ cmd line apps
page [2].  Which got me to wondering if there isn't a way to automatically check the doc pages
for broken links.  Which led me to discover [3], which is a tool new to me.  I then pointed
it to the base jena page with a recursion level of 2, which produced a report showing a few
more broken links on the site [4].  I noticed that if I check the ARQ base page [5] it would
discover yet a few more.  What a nice tool! If only I had the W3C link checker 10 years ago,
when I was manually checking links on my own sites, I remember what a chore that was!  Anyway,
just wanted to pass along in case it may be useful to whomever is maintaining the web site.
> Cheers,
> Tim
> [1]
> [2]