From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Towards the first Apache Jena release...
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:06:56 GMT
the SVN Jena2 repo contains these:

 - ARQ
 - Eyeball
 - Fuseki
 - IRI
 - JenaTop
 - Joseki
 - SDB
 - TDB
 - jena

We are publishing (for testing) these SNAPSHOTs:

 - jena-arq
 - jena-core
 - jena-iri
 - jena-larq
 - jena-sdb
 - jena-tdb
 - jena-top

In relation to our first Apache Jena release, I am unclear whether we need
an additional jena-dist|JenaDist/JenaAll? module/directory in SVN. I imagine
it will not have code in it (or it should have command line utils in it?), so
maybe we can do it with assemblies/profiles in "jena" (i.e. jena-core).
However, I suspect, if we want to aggregate Jena, ARQ, (LARQ?), (TDB?), it
might be easier to do so as a separate jena-dist.

Also, I am not sure about Eyeball, Fuseki and Joseki.

Will Eyeball be included in the first Apache Jena release?
If so, do we need to publish SNAPSHOTs for it?

Same/similar questions for Joseki and Fuseki.

These, as well as command line tools, are quite different from libraries and
I am unclear what has been decided to do for these in relation to the first
Apache Jena release.

Should we have a JIRA issue (maybe with subtasks) for documenting and tracking
progress towards the first Apache Jena release?

I am asking these questions, because I want to help on this.

View raw message