From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: Roadmap?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:10:06 GMT
Hi Andy

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 12/10/11 18:05, Paolo Castagna wrote:
>> Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> Something like this:
>> ... goes below "scalability and performance". :-)
> I don't see how copying a rambling discussion email helps.  All it does
> for me is to inhibit discussion of this or any other idea on the mailing
> list.

I don't understand why having a JIRA open classified at "Wish" inhibit discussion.
It is a place where discussion can happen. Past messages in the dev mailing lists
tend to be forgotten and people can missed them.

Could you please explain better why a JIRA issue classified as "Wish" inhibit

I'll delete the issue if that is a way to continue the discussion on caching
for SPARQL endpoint, but first, I'd like to understand why it inhibits it.

I certainly I am the last person who wants to inhibit discussion on anything,
especially on a caching layer for SPARQL endpoints, especially on something who
is going to improve performances or scalability. :-)

>> Should we add a "caching layer for SPARQL endpoints" to our roadmap page?
> There's only one goal on *my* roadmap :
> * Graduate from incubator.

We should have that as well on the Roadmap.
And, we should have JIRA issues open related to that.

JIRA issues such as: "Rolling out the first Apache release" with sub-task
help others to see what's missing and those who are keen to help, do so.

>     Andy

View raw message