From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject IP clean-up: ont API TestBugReports
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 21:56:29 GMT
I had an action to clean up the non-HP contributed code in
c.h.h.jena.ontology.TestBugReports. This is now done. I reviewed all of
the tests in that file, and either moved them to other test suites where
I was sure there were no IP issues (i.e. it was my code, or a test from
another HP team member), or re-wrote the test and data where the test
was still useful, or removed the test otherwise. I believe this now
clears that action.

The only outstanding side effect is on the inference test suite, where
TestBugs.test_oh_01 was using a data file and test code from Ole
Hjalmar, which was also in the ont test suite. Since neither Ole's code
nor data were explicitly given under license, I presume the safe option
is to assume that it isn't satisfactorily licensed. I removed both code
and test data from the ontology tests, and I've disabled
TestBugs.test_oh_01 (since it now can't see the data). The test file
itself can be retrieved from svn in case we decide that it's OK to use
it and that the test is sufficiently useful to retain. Dave, I think
that's your call.

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK

View raw message