From Dave Reynolds <>
Subject Re: Jena 2.6.4 sources
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:44:55 GMT
On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 22:22 +0100, Paolo Castagna wrote:

> Wouldn't be easier to provide a JenaHelloWorld example for people to
> checkout/download.
> Then the tutorial becomes:
> svn co
> jena-example
> or download from somewhere
> Eclipse > Import > Existing Project into Worskspace

No it doesn't.

The value of that tutorial is that it helps set up Jena for use in your
Eclipse. So setting up Jena as a User Library, understanding how to
create a project etc are important. Just downloading a prebuilt project
wouldn't cut it.

> I find tutorials with a lot of screen shots annoying if they have too
> many screen shots. (And they are expensive to maintain for the editor)
> If there is a short-cut, I prefer that than a long sequence of press
> button here and there.

With respect, you are not the target audience!

Re-read the user post which prompted me to respond with a link to Ian's
tutorial and ask yourself if that person needed a tutorial which is very
much step-by-step with pictures.

> Also, it's difficult to draw a line between Eclipse and Jena... is it
> a tutorial on Jena or on how to use Eclipse? ;-)

How to set up Jena for use in Eclipse for rather inexperienced users.

View raw message