From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Status of an Apache build for ARQ
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:32:56 GMT
Scaling back the ambitiousness ...

I'm trying for an Apache build (and release) for ARQ.  It depends on the
last released Jena so it's the simplest thing I could think of working on.

It's in ARQ in pom2.xml.

== Licensing

Olaf's (re)contribution means I'm down to one other contribution I need
to sort out.  Everything else has been replaced, rewritten or removed.

The outstanding one is in the JSON result format.  This is complicated
by the fact that itself is based on the XML results code (which is
HP-original), and I've significant parts of the JSON code since the
original contribution when I switched over from org.json to our own JSON

Ideally, I'd like the original contribution put on Apache terms.
Otherwise, I'll dig back through the SVN logs and find out how much,or
how little, of the original contribution is still there and rewrite.

== Build

There is now a "JenaTop" artifact that is a parent POM for all things
Jena.  It itself brings in the Apache parent POM.

It contains all the version numbers, of dependencies and of each module.
  (See below)

== Naming

Looking around, systems seem to have "apache-" in the distribution name
but not in the artifact name.

Version number: 2.8.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT

The name is of the form:

so we get ...

== Mysteries

1/ I haven't managed to control getting DEPENDENCIES/NOTICE/LICENSE into
the jar file. They are autogenerated by Apache parent POM (which is
nice) but I was hoping to use them in the distribution as well and I'd
like to make them readable (fix 'an unknown organization' for example).

2/ How do fix mistakes in the snapshot repository?  Can I delete folder
from the snapshot repository?  I can put things in but I'm bound to get
some naming wrong sometime so knowing how to clearup would be good.

3/ maven3 does not like artifact versions being variables 9gives a
warning, may remove the feature), but I wanted to put all the numbering
in one place (DRY!).  Is there some idiom to have the numbers in one
place only?

4/ As 3 but for parent POM versions.

View raw message