From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Web site
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:18:10 GMT
On 23/09/11 08:26, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 01:30 +0100, Ian Dickinson wrote:
>> I'd like to push the current staging version of the web site to be the
>> live copy.

Go for it.

>> There are still a number of key pieces missing, including a fair bit of
>> content to be migrated across from, though I'm doing bits
>> and pieces of that incrementally. However, the main core of the site
>> already has a lot more, and more accurate/timely, information than
>> currently does. So I think it would be a step
>> forward, even with the gaps.
>> Can folks please take a look over the staging site
>> ( and let me know of any gotchas
>> that need to be fixed before I push the publish button?
> Looks great to me, thanks for do so much on this.
> As you say, even though it is not yet complete, it is so much better
> than what is currently up we should definitely just publish.
> [Some niggles to fix, when time allows:
>     - javadoc link broken, can we point to in the interim?
>     - "Using jena with eclipse" tutorial link broken
>     - once there is more than the API tutorial up the Tutorials landing
> page should possibly be an index rather than dump straight into the API
> tutorial.

> Dave

Minor points: does not need changing before going live:

At the moment there isn't anything linking for SPARQL but it's the cause
of a significant number of questions currently.

Can we have something temporarily (on the documentation overview page)
pointing to the old site and specifically:

The documentation nav has "query" but system names for other things.
People may be looking for "ARQ" or "SPARQL".

This is compounded by "LARQ" (mentioned) being close to "ARQ" (not

Suggestion make the text: "SPARQL (ARQ)"
although obviously it's now time to port all the other material

TDB &ndash; high performance persistent RDF store

The &ndash; has escaped.  Same for SDB and LARQ

View raw message