From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Jena and PostGIS (à la LARQ)
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:36:12 GMT

On 13/09/11 16:14, Alexander Dutton wrote:
> Does Fuseki/TDB currently fire off some kind of signal when updates
> happen?

Handling of events isn't consistent yet.

Each GraphStore sees startRequest()/finishRequest() around a SPARQL
Update.  That should be roughly what you are looking for, I guess.

There isn't an event down to the level of each quad added or removed.

Now is a good time to work out the details of what's wanted.  The
original jena events mechanism works well but places the events on an
object, so only objects supporting the event interface participate.
Makes global or general events unnatural as well.

The package org.openjena.atlas.event (in ARQ) is my attempt to retain
the light weigh event mechanism but decouple it from an event interface.
  You can send events relating to objects without the objects participation.

View raw message