From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: Fuseki with multiple datasets and LARQ
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:27:01 GMT

Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Hi,
> currently, if someone needs to use LARQ in Fuseki with multiple datasets this is what
he/she needs to do:
> Apply a tiny patch and build Fuseki:
> cd /tmp/
> svn co fuseki
> cd /tmp/fuseki/
> wget
> patch -p0 < JENA-63_Fuseki_r1136050.patch
> mvn package
> Use larqbuilder to builde the Lucene index
> java -cp target/fuseki-0.2.1-SNAPSHOT-sys.jar larq.larqbuilder --allow-duplicates --larq=/tmp/lucene
> This assembler.ttl currently must have one tdb:datasetTDB only with no ja:textIndex ""
otherwise indexing cannot proceed.
> Repeat for all the datasets...
> Create the Fuseki config file pointing to the Lucene indexes via ja:textIndex "/path"/
> Run Fuseki.
> I think the easier thing to do to simplify this would be to change larq.larqbuilder in
such a way it ignores the ja:textIndex property if present and it supports multiple datasets
(so that it can work
> with the Fuseki config files unchanged).
> Even better would be if Fuseki (once it has LARQ added to it) will trigger the index
building at startup if the Lucene index directories are not there. This would minimize the
things required from an
> user. If someone wants to enable LARQ, they just need to add ja:textIndex "/path" to
their dataset(s).

Now, a user case simply specify the ja:textIndex directory pointing to a non existing directory.
LARQ will build the index automatically and proceed as usual.

The necessary changes are limited to LARQ only:

This works with multiple datasets in Fuseki config file as well.

> What do you think?
> Paolo

View raw message