From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Build experiments -- help wanted
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:50:06 GMT
Maven/eclipse experts,

I have tried setting up a multi-module project ... some questions ...

1/ Flat vs hierarchical directories.

Hierarchical is maven preference and m2eclispe generates them but isn't
this a problem with SVN?  if the parent is checked out, all the modules
get checked out.  Isn't that a bit of a pain?

Do any tools break with (1) Hierarchical (2) flat modes?

What is the real-world practical experience here? (not the theory)

2/ Using the Apache standard project as parent, I'm getting a warning:

maven-remote-resources-plugin (goal "process") is ignored by m2e.

Warnings are bad - they need to be checked to make sure they are benign
on every release and risk hiding warnings that do matter.  Jena is too
big to have some 'acceptable' warnings.

Can this be turned off somehow? I can't see anything but there are lots
of places it might be.

View raw message