From Simon Helsen <>
Subject testing TDB-Tx
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:20:49 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am giving a first stab at integrating TDB-Tx into our framework. My
first goal is to test this new TDB *without* actually using the
transaction API because we are coming from TDB 0.8.7. After some minor
problems on our end, I seem to run into the following NPE (usually
followed by a warning)

09:49:02,176 [jazz.jfs.suspending.indexer.internal.triple] ERROR                                    - CRJZS5663E Unable to
persist tripe index
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPTreeNode.getMgrWrite(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPTreeNode.get(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPTreeNode.delete(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPlusTree.delete(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.TupleIndexRecord.performDelete(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.TupleIndexBase.delete(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.TupleTable.delete(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.graph.BulkUpdateHandlerTDB.removeWorker(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.graph.BulkUpdateHandlerTDB.removeAll(
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.ModelCom.removeAll(
09:49:02,207 [jazz.jfs.suspending.indexer.internal.triple]  WARN
com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.base.block.BlockMgrCache        - Write cache: 0
expelling entry that isn't there

The exception sits all over my log and I wonder if it is related to the
removeAll. Also, after a while, my memory spikes and I run into an OME. I
don't know yet if there is a relation, but possible these exceptions cause
serious leaks.

The version of TDB (and associated libs) I am using is