From Simon Helsen <>
Subject Re: transaction API
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:07:51 GMT
thanks Paolo, I will try this. Also thanks for the tests. I'll check those
first if I have further questions

Paolo Castagna <>
08/05/2011 10:55 AM
Re: transaction API

Simon Helsen wrote:
> Hi all,
> while testing TDB-TX, I noticed that the transaction API as documented
> seems to require SPARQL
> At least, it is not clear if write transactions would also work via the
> Jena Model APIs.

As far as I understand, the answer is yes. Once you begin a write
you can change data as you prefer. However, I could be wrong and I'd like
Andy to confirm that. :-)

> Also, in the API, there is mention of sConn, but it is not clear to me
> where that comes from. In the past, I used to create a DataSet using the

> TDBFactory.createDataSet(location) method

Documentation can always be improved. In the meantime, use:

  Location location = new Location ("/your/path/to/tdb");
  StoreConnection sConn = StoreConnection.make(location);

You can also look at the current test suite [1], which has examples of how
to do these sort of things.