From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Helping build the website (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 01:13:55 GMT
On 7 August 2011 00:48, Al Baker <> wrote:
> Is there a way for the community (i.e. people without write access to the
> SVN) to help build the website - e.g. confluence to website publishing like
> some other projects have?  A git repository that could accept pull requests
> to edits for the website files, etc?

Yes.  The project has written perhaps the clearest
instructions on how to do this.

Ask here if you need help.

> I'm sure there are folks out there that'd be wlling to help, myself
> included.

I'm sure if you, or anyone else, are willing to dive in and provide
patches you will be recognised quickly. This will make future edits
easier for you.

> There are also 3 new community driven Jena contributions created over the
> past 5 weeks that weren't in the report,

Board reports at the ASF are about community health rather than
technical activities. Even so, I don't see any reference to the
contributions you mention here on this list (as an ASF mentor I do not
participate in the other Jena lists, we have a rule here at the ASF
which is designed to ensure that community is fully informed - "if it
didn't happen on the list, it didn't happen").

View raw message