From Al Baker <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 23:48:31 GMT
Is there a way for the community (i.e. people without write access to the
SVN) to help build the website - e.g. confluence to website publishing like
some other projects have?  A git repository that could accept pull requests
to edits for the website files, etc?

I'm sure there are folks out there that'd be wlling to help, myself

There are also 3 new community driven Jena contributions created over the
past 5 weeks that weren't in the report, and while I'm both the author and
biased, I think they are compelling and help promote and build Jena amongst
a new group of developers (groovy/grails developers) that may not have been
aware of Jena or the Semantic Web technology stack(s) before.

1. Groovy SPARQL, a Groovy domain specific language that enables easy
development with Jena with the Groovy language
2. Spring-Jena, a set of Spring aware beans for more easily working with
Jena in an idiomatic spring framework environment
3. Linked Ratpack, a Sinatra style microframework for readily building small
linked data RDF servers using Groovy SPARQL and other DSLs around Jena -
e.g. SPARQL construct to RDF, de-reference URIs to Jena models, and the
RDFBuilder from Groovy SPARQL.

All three are in their infancy, and their documentation lives on my blog
[4], but they each garnered some attention in various development circles.
I'll likely do a Gaelyk and Grails plugin as well for further exposing Jena
into those environments and creating rapid development solutions for people
to get started with semantic web development more easily.

Al Baker