From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: testing TDB-Tx
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:18:36 GMT
Stitching thread together:
Main discussion in

> This brings me to a question. Is calling reset on the StoreProvider to
> release all resources and allow me to remove the indices from disk?

There is now StoreConnection.expel(location) which removes a single
entry from StoreConnection management.

Once it's out of StoreConnection (and TDBFactory) the dataset is not
manages by the JVM anymore until a fresh StoreConnection.make.  You can
manipulate the disk contents within the restriction of being a valid

(Except Windows 64 bit - it can properly release memory mapped files - a
very long standing Java bug 4724038).

View raw message