From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: transaction API
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:04:20 GMT
As Paolo says.  SPARQL INSERT is just an example; the model API works.

You can use models (graphs are just stateless views of the DB) in

But you can't use them across transactions.

sConn comes from the StoreConnection manager which also boots any
transaction datasets out of TDBFactory but really it's old API xor

Like TDBFactory, StoreConnection manages caching but also transaction

On 05/08/11 15:54, Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Simon Helsen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> while testing TDB-TX, I noticed that the transaction API as documented in
>> seems to require SPARQL Insert.
>> At least, it is not clear if write transactions would also work via the
>> Jena Model APIs.
> As far as I understand, the answer is yes. Once you begin a write transaction
> you can change data as you prefer. However, I could be wrong and I'd like
> Andy to confirm that. :-)
>> Also, in the API, there is mention of sConn, but it is not clear to me
>> where that comes from. In the past, I used to create a DataSet using the
>> TDBFactory.createDataSet(location) method
> Documentation can always be improved. In the meantime, use:
>    Location location = new Location ("/your/path/to/tdb");
>    StoreConnection sConn = StoreConnection.make(location);
> You can also look at the current test suite [1], which has examples of how
> to do these sort of things.
> Paolo
>   [1]
>> thanks,