From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 10:14:13 GMT
Draft text for the iPMC/board report.

I've stripped the report down a bit to put it in a style used by most
projects in the reporting cycle.

Comments in the next 72 hours please: I'll then copy it to the wiki for
signing by a mentor.

Paolo - I worded a sentence about LARQ to show "we" (= you!) are getting
to grips with the Apache release process.  Could you check and correct
it please?

Jena is a semantic web framework in Java that implements
the key W3C recommendations for the core semantic web technologies of
RDF and SPARQL.  Jena entered incubation in November 2010.

Progress since the last report:

The project now advertises the existence of Apache-hosted mailing lists
on the old mailing lists through an automatically added trailer on all
messages.  The mailing lists remian active.

The Apache-hosted website is "under construction" in staging.  The
project selected the Apache CMS and buildbot system. The design and
navigation is done.  Next step is to populate the website with the
content from the old sites.

One module, LARQ, is being used to learn about the Apache release
process and the requirements it brings with it.

Important issues to address for graduation:

* Create a code base in Apache with legal clearance.

There are about 10 small contributions (a few line upto a single class
file) across the whole codebase that that need to be resolved.  All are
currently covered by BSD licences.

* Do a full release

Issues for the Incubator PMC or ASF Board:

Technical development:

The new transactional native SPARQL storage systems, TxTDB has been
advertised as a prototype snapshot. Some users have offered to help with

Signed off by mentor:

View raw message