From Simon Helsen <>
Subject Re: ANN: Development builds of Transactional TDB
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:40:29 GMT
hey Andy

this sounds like good stuff. I am exploring alternatives to our current
state over the summer, so I will also spend some time attempting to
integrate tdb 0.9.0 (knowing it is quite preliminary).

Could you tell me if I need to align this with the latest jena and arq
versions and if not, what are the minimum versions? (we are currently
still on 2.6.3 for instance)

Andy Seaborne <>
07/15/2011 10:38 AM
ANN: Development builds of Transactional TDB

TDB 0.9.0 will have support for ACID transactions, giving better
robustness and making it easier to use in concurrent access applications.

This is to announce the start of development builds for transactional
TDB (TxTDB) which will become TDB 0.9.0 when the code reaches stability.

== Documentation

Including the API for transactions:

== Download

Maven repository:

The file:
is the complete download including all dependencies.

== Status

These are development snapshot builds.  They are provided for people to
see what's developing and to experiment with the system.

It is not suitable for deployment into production.

At the moment, there are no known bugs ... mainly because of not looking
too hard.

Some simple examples run as does one moderately complicated sequence of

== Source Code Repository

which includes an Eclipse project.

== Next

Testing, testing, testing.

== Feedback

is very welcome.   TxTDB is not finished and not released so little of
the new code is fixed in stone yet.

Bug reports with a reproducible test case especially welcome.

== Also

The original design notes:
are a hint at how it works; development of the system has evolved the
design so the notes are not necessarily accurate.

== Acknowledgements

My thanks to Talis for supporting this work.  (They also provide the
server that is and