From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Query about patch submission by link
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 08:04:17 GMT

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Andy Seaborne
<> wrote:
> ...Suppose a JIRA has patch but it's a link to a file on a non-ASF machine from
> someone who has not signed a xCLA.  The "Apache can use it" check box is
> checked.
> Can this be accepted as-is, or should/must the contents be placed on the
> JIRA?...

As you say, there's no guarantee that the file that you get when
clicking the link is the same as what the person who clicked the
"Apache can use it" box meant it to be.

In such a case I'd ask that person to attach the file in question to
JIRA directly, or, if it's not convenient provide an md5 digest of
that file in JIRA, to establish that this is what they mean to be
their contribution.

View raw message