From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1146052 - in /incubator/jena/Experimental/TxTDB/trunk/src-dev/tx:
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:38:19 GMT

I haven't been logging changes because the system is not released, isn't
stable, and is undergoing repeated extensive changes.  That's why its
under "Experimental".

At the moment there is nothing worth tracking and old commit log
messages will be inaccurate and misleading.  Some changes have taken
several days with intermediate checkpoints for pragmatic reasons; some
of the changes are speculative; as such, check-ins tend to gather
together unrelated bits and pieces.

In other situations, people might develop systems locally privately, and
only commit the system at the first point it is functionally capable of
something.  Instead, I have put things out as open as possible.

Because the changes are a deep and extensive in TDB internals, I didn't
use an SVN branch.

The initial design is documented:

although I very much doubt its accurate in the details.  Development is
an exploration.

A system for people to try will be made as soon as possible.  Even "soon".

On 13/07/11 16:18, florent andré wrote:
> Hi Andy,
> Can you please add a log to your commits ? This will help to follow
> what's append and understand history of changes.
> Even if it's "Experimental" stuff, comments will help us to follow you ! :)
> Don't need of long as a book comments, some meaning full words is perfect.
> Thanks.
> On 07/13/2011 04:22 PM, wrote:
>> Author: andy
>> Date: Wed Jul 13 14:22:21 2011