From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: How release a module of a multi modules project while in the incubator?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:25:36 GMT
An Apache release, in the formal sense, is a collection of buildable
source. Binary package (and pushes to maven) are formally considered

Typically, if you want to release modules on different schedules,
you'd set up a conformant package format for each module, and hold a
vote for each release of each module.

If you happen to have N modules ready for release at the same time, I
suppose you could make a batch, but it would be, I think, more
conventional to just start N VOTE threads.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Paolo Castagna
<> wrote:
> Hi mentors, hi all,
> how the release process works with a multi module project?
> Jena is currently composed by different and separate (although
> interdependent) modules: ARQ, Eyeball, Fuseki, IRI, Joseki, LARQ,
> SDB, TDB and jena. These modules have different version numbers
> and different life cycles.
> Let's say, just to make an example, I would like to make a release
> of the LARQ module. Do I need to start an VOTE? I guess so.
> But, do we need a separate VOTE process for each module or we need
> to synchronize and release all the modules together with a single
> VOTE process?
> How other Apache projects address this situation?
> Do you have a good example I can learn from?
> Thank you,
> Paolo

View raw message