From Leo Simons <>
Subject Re: Code import
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:06:30 GMT
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Henry Saputra <> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. So I guess Jena3 would be the release breaking
> version containing the package change I suppose?
> I would think moving the com.hp to org.apache would take some time but
> I think its preferable to happen early in incubating phase than later.

My personal advice would be to do any backwards-incompatible changes
when/as makes most sense; the rest of the incubation process is pretty
orthogonal to the code organization.

For example, if you want to use your version number for marketing [1],
you could continue providing stable releases on until
graduation, and then when you get all set up and ready
you make a bit of a splash and a press release (radical new jena 3.0,
new apache top level project, amazing new features a/b/c, etc etc).
Such marketing bruhahah is frowned upon while still in incubation.

[1] a practice which I personally find very annoying but everyone's
doing it these days...and it does work :-)

View raw message