From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: Literal Canonicalization
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:13:04 GMT
Hi Ian.

The existing documentation on this is here:

The code, here:

See these two methods:

  - public static NodeId inline(Node node)
  - public static Node extract(NodeId nodeId)

See also:

I hope this helps,

Ian Emmons wrote:
> I recall reading some time ago that TDB transforms literals (and particularly their data
types) into a canonical form upon insert, and/or that it can "promote" literal datatypes during
comparisons (so that, e.g., an xsd:int and an xsd:long can compare equal).  Is there any documentation
on this?  Or failing that, can you point me to the appropriate portion of the code?
> Thanks,
> Ian Emmons
> BBN Technologies

View raw message