From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject How release a module of a multi modules project while in the incubator?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:19:13 GMT
Hi mentors, hi all,
how the release process works with a multi module project?

Jena is currently composed by different and separate (although
interdependent) modules: ARQ, Eyeball, Fuseki, IRI, Joseki, LARQ,
SDB, TDB and jena. These modules have different version numbers
and different life cycles.

Let's say, just to make an example, I would like to make a release
of the LARQ module. Do I need to start an VOTE? I guess so.

But, do we need a separate VOTE process for each module or we need
to synchronize and release all the modules together with a single
VOTE process?

How other Apache projects address this situation?
Do you have a good example I can learn from?

Thank you,

View raw message