From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject query, tdbquery and --quiet option
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:38:01 GMT
I am using query and tdbquery with --time option to get the elapsed time
of SPARQL queries. I am not interested in the results itself and I would
like to append the timing into an output file.

The --quiet option has no effect on query or tdbquery commands.

Maybe, --quiet could avoid printing results on the standard output when
used with query or tdbquery. If this is reasonable, I'll have a go at it
and create a patch.

In the meantime, is there another way I could append the elapsed time (as
returned by the --time option) but not the entire result sets (which, in
case of SP2B for example, are quite big)?

I don't like the idea of using UNIX time since that includes the time to
startup the JVM, classloading, etc. and I do not think it's the right thing
to do.

For more details on what I was trying to do, see run_sp2b_tdb() here [1].

View raw message