From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject RDF-WG proposal on datatypes for all literals
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 09:57:55 GMT
This is the latest proposal for adding datatypes for all literals:

It obviously affects Jena because current code was written when plain
literals didn't have datatypes.

Personally, I'm neutral.  It's a bit easier if all literal had datatypes
but we're not starting from a blank sheet and the bebefit s small.  (I'd
prefer xsd:string to be deprecated and no other changes made.)

At Jena3, we could simply make the change; in Jena 2.X, we don't.

View raw message