From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Code import
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 17:00:59 GMT
Progress report:

I've converted CVS to SVN and built svn dumps of 3 code repositories.

If the lack of warning over a particular freeze point is a problem for
anyone, I can repeat the process. It takes about an hour to convert Jena
CVS to SVN, and much longer to upload the file to people.a.o.  I don't
see any changes happening though.

I could have done the process directly on people.a.o so I can avoid the
upload lag - the CVS->SVN is scripted.

Paolo - the last change on LARQ I see is May 10th.

There are (or will be - the uploads are happening at the moment) 3
svnadmin dump files in people.a.o:/home/andy

+ a SHA1 checksum file.

When these are uploaded, I can update jira.

These will end up loaded and unpacked into Apache SVN as

unless anyone has a better idea for naming.

After infra have imported them, I'll do "svn copy"s to pull out the main
projects under /Jena2.  This leaves us the choice of putting Jena3 under
"/Jena3" or as projects in "/" without needing to do a reorg.

  etc etc.

== ASF-Jena-CVS.svn.gz
   Snapshot timestamp: 2011-05-13 16:32:00+01:00
   Jena CVS: converted to a SVN repository
   One SVN project per top-level CVS module.

Each module has it's own trunk/tags/branches except the Scratch area
which is one module, not one project per module under Scratch.  I don't
think this is used and I didn't see anything that has changed in several
years.  I can reconstruct it as one t/t/b per area if anyone needs it.

The active CVS projects are "jena2", "iri", "Eyeball" "EyeballAcceptance".

== ASF-Jena-SVN.svn.gz
Jena SVN: As of r8842
   Snapshot timestamp: 2011-05-13 16:54:00+01:00

Various active projects but the ones need pulling out immediately after
    ARQ, Experimental/TxTDB, Fuseki, LARQ, SDB, TDB

Joseki CVS:
   Snapshot timestamp: 2011-05-13 02:00:00+01:00
   Converted to a SVN repository.
   Three modules: Joseki1, Joseki2, Joseki3.

The active one is Joseki3:

Presumably, the initial top-level trunk/tags/branches can go and we
continue to use a multiproject style svn.

View raw message