From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: project wiki
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:52:09 GMT

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Paolo and I are about to embark on a joint project.  It's sufficiently
> complicated, we are going to start with a written design document and a
> wiki would be a good place for this.
> Apache Jena has a Confluence wiki.
> 1/ I have a Confluence id but how do I get write access to the wiki?
> I seem to have "add page" access to quite a lot of wikis but Jena isn't
> one of them!
> 2/ MoinMoin?

When it comes to wikis, for me "less is more". The less features, less
clutter from the UI, less options in the syntax, the better.

I've used MoinMoin in the past, I tried to use Confluence in the past
and IMHO it tends on the "more" side rather than the "less".

If I remember correctly, Damian gave a preference for Confluence (but
at the moment I am not finding his email... so, don't take my word for
it, I could be wrong).

Personally, I quite like the simple and clean approach of the current
wiki:, unfortunately, MediaWiki
does not seem to be an option in Apache. Am I correct?

> Now as have decided to use CMS for the wbesite, and as a final check, do
> we want to use Confluence? (if it's not too much of a pain to change -
> and esp before we start to use it for content).
> Sampling the incubator projects project pages I don't see any MoinMoin
> wiki mentioned (many don't mention a wiki at all).
> The alternative is MoinMoin.  Do we already have a MoinMoin wiki somewhere?
> Or is there one MoinMoin incunator wiki at
> and there is a bit pf careful page
> naming? Libcloud seem to have some pages on the MoinMoin wiki but there
> aren't a obvious set of project, not incubator admin, pages in the
> recent changes.
>     Andy

View raw message