From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Jena monthly report / March
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:08:31 GMT
Jena not-much-to-report report:

Still waiting for HP to sign a software grant.

Text on wiki copied below.

Would a mentor please sign it off if there is no comments/revisions
within 72 hours?  Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jena was accepted into the Apache Incubator November 2010

It is an existing project migrating to ASF. It has a large
codebase that provides a semantic web framework in Java that implements
the key W3C recommendations for the core semantic web technologies of

Three most important issues to address for graduation:

* Create a code base in Apache with legal clearance.
* Establish the Apache-based community for developers, contributors and
* Create and communicate open project processes aligned to Apache

Issues for the Incubator PMC or ASF Board:

Community development:

We have started to advertise the existence of Apache-hosted mailing
lists. Traffic on these lists continues to grow.

The development community is growing on Apache infrastructure.  A
significant new piece of functionality for th e SPARQL query engine is
being developed via contributions and discussion on JIRA.

Project development:

The mailing lists and JIRA are now being used - we'll start more active
migration of mailing lists when the code migrates.

We are still awaiting the software grant from HP. As this is the
majority of the codebase, we are waiting for this before migrating any
code into Apache SVN. We understand that HP is actively working on this.

Signed off by mentor:

View raw message