From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject Re: Jena site: navigation prototype
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:40:29 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Dave.

> Aesthetically (he says, wary of starting a long discussion) it mostly
> works really well. I especially like the side bar and overall page
> layout.
> There's something about the top bar that clashes a little for me - I'd
> be inclined to try having the tabs round both top corners and the blue
> bar with flat top corners.

I tried your suggestion, but the result didn't quite work. However I
understand what you mean about the bar design. So I've tried a new
version that loses the gold border altogether (and puts rounds on both
sides of the tabs). Feedback welcome.

> I see the occasional slight flicker when switching sections, no big
> deal. It would be nice if the sections could start as hidden then get
> revealed by the javascript but can't see a way to do that that is robust
> against no-js.

I've solved (well, worked around) the rendering discrepancy I was
getting between FF and Chromium. I've also added support for one more
level of hierarchy inside the top level folders, e.g.
documentation/whatever/index.html. Consequently, I feel better able to
integrate the various ideas, including Paolo's detailed suggestions,
into one consolidated IA. However, it's a bit late now and I'm not
entirely well, so I'll try to do that sometime tomorrow.

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK

View raw message