From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject Re: Jena documentation - new structure working notes
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:01:26 GMT
Hi Paolo,

On 17/02/11 19:06, Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Do you or someone else have a strong argument against having a section
> named "Getting Involved" | "Community" as last link in the global
> navigation?
I seem to have difficulty making this clear. There is in the proposed
structure, and should remain, a section for supporting Jena developers.
"Getting involved" is a perfectly fine title, and indeed is the one I
used in the mock-up I was working on this afternoon.

So: quite the opposite of strong objection, I'm strongly in favour. As I
have been since the beginning.

In a nutshell, all I'm objecting to is downplaying the need to make
access to the documentation better for regular users, because I still
think that's the dominant use case.

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK

View raw message