From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Jena incubator report for Jan 2011
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:42:31 GMT
On 12/01/2011 11:00, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Reminders for the Incubator reports weren't sent out so this needs to be
> done today (which means for me, in the next few hours).

I've added the report to the wiki and removed all the wiki formatting
(it's not allowed in reports).

I changed the "Establish the Apache-based community for developers,
contributors and users" issue to "Migrate the existing community of
developers, contributors and users to the Apache infrastructure"

I also added "We are now using JIRA alongside our old issue tracker
while we migrate across." to the community section

Lazy consenus prevails on these changes.

Can other mentors please sign it off as appropriate:

> We are reporting again in Feb, then 3 monthly (May, August, November).
> Andy
> Draft:
> -------------------
> = Jena =
> == Description ==
> Jena was accepted into the Apache Incubator November 2010
> ([[|vote
> results]]). It is an existing project migrating to ASF. It has a large
> codebase that provides a semantic web framework in Java that implements
> the key W3C recommendations for the core semantic web technologies of
> == Three most important issues to address for graduation ==
> * Create a code base in Apache with legal clearance.
> * Establish the Apache-based community for developers, contributors and
> users
> * Create and communicate open project processes aligned to Apache
> == Issues for the Incubator PMC or ASF Board ==
> None.
> == Community development ==
> We have started to advertise the existence of Apache-hosted mailing
> lists and the last non-Apache release included references to these
> lists. Traffic on these lists has started to grow.
> == Project development ==
> Project infrastructure is now set up and tested.
> The last planned, non-Apache release, was done for Jena and
> all the related sub-projects. This will minimise disturbance to users
> during code migration.
> Code migration to Apache SVN will begin when a software grant for
> the majority of the codebase is received (from HP). We understand that
> HP is actively working on this.

View raw message