From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Jena incubator report for Jan 2011
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:00:30 GMT
Reminders for the Incubator reports weren't sent out so this needs to be
done today (which means for me, in the next few hours).

We are reporting again in Feb, then 3 monthly (May, August, November).

= Jena =

== Description ==

Jena was accepted into the Apache Incubator November 2010

results]]). It is an existing project migrating to ASF. It has a large
codebase that provides a semantic web framework in Java that implements
the key W3C recommendations for the core semantic web technologies of

== Three most important issues to address for graduation ==

* Create a code base in Apache with legal clearance.
* Establish the Apache-based community for developers, contributors and
* Create and communicate open project processes aligned to Apache

== Issues for the Incubator PMC or ASF Board ==

== Community development ==

We have started to advertise the existence of Apache-hosted mailing
lists and the last non-Apache release included references to these
lists. Traffic on these lists has started to grow.

== Project development ==

Project infrastructure is now set up and tested.

The last planned, non-Apache release, was done for Jena and
all the related sub-projects.  This will minimise disturbance to users
during code migration.

Code migration to Apache SVN will begin when a software grant for
the majority of the codebase is received (from HP).  We understand that
HP is actively working on this.

View raw message