From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject SVN planning
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 14:11:35 GMT
Thinking ahead to the initial code import.

1/ crypto audit:

Although it's after import in the guide, the text says do before
committing anything.

Someone to volunteer for this owning this?

2/ Import:

The obvious thing for import to do is simply import exactly what's in SF
(CVS and SVN modules).  However, and I'm certainly guilt of this, this
include development working files, not just the codebase itself.  I
think we should import everything then cleanup, which can happen at
different paces in different modules.

Jena uses a <root>/module/trunk style of SVN layout.  Any reasons not to
continue with that layout?  It makes [1] work on a module basis.

3/ Then clean up.

[2] suggests putting the initial code dump in an import area, the move
the code, with clean-up to the right place.  I can't find an example of
this but then the /import directory has probably been svn-removed.

View raw message