From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Apache processes status
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:15:42 GMT
On 14/12/2010 22:53, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 14/12/10 20:51, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> On 14/12/2010 20:05, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>>> == CLAs
>>> ICLAs:
>>> Jeremy - you are not listed at
>>> Everyone else is now listed as unlisted CLAs section.
>> If anyone has not been copied on a mail from me to root@a.o requesting
>> their accounts please let me know as that is an oversight.
> I didn't receive anything but given the necessary aggressiveness of spam
> filters these days, that doesn't mean you didn't send it.

I just resent yours to you, all these mails were also cc'd the private list.

>>> == legal
>>> HP: legal person identified, waiting to get into detailed discussions
>> My understanding was that this had been completed before the proposal
>> was submitted. Is that not the case?
> We have discussed this with HP and it was Ok in principle - but until
> there was a definite action to be taken, then it's only "in principle".

Hmmmm.... I was under the impression it was a little more concrete than
that. but I understand.

> We now have that definite step to take. I hope it'll be straightforward
> as the material in question has been available via a BSD-class license
> in an agreed open source project.

The big difference between the BSD and the Apache License is the patent

Please let me know if I can help make this happen.

View raw message