From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Dont' fork the dev lists (Re: I wish to contribute a new tdb example)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:18:24 GMT

On 07/12/10 10:00, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 06/12/2010 23:09, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> It's welcome. Send it to and see what the
>> reaction is.
> No - the corect dev list is now which is
> where this proposal was sent.
> During the changeover people might want to flag important messages on
> the old list with instructions on how to join this one but do not fork
> the conversations - it will damage your community.

Ross - is the user list (it's name is historic - when
Jena was small there was only one list, and that became the one all the
user questions were on so).

As we discussed, we'll migrate the user lists but it will be a slow
process during which we'll have two active lists for quite some time. was the developers list. is the developers list. wil be the users list.

I suggested Matthew send it to the current jena users list because it's
active and mayeb we'll get more suggestions.

We haven't even discussed the mechanics of how we might migrate the user
list in detail.

We haven't got the project infrastructure running at Apache yet, and
don't know how to accept something submitted and I didn't want Matthews
contribution to get bogged down.

View raw message