From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Moving svn location
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 16:20:42 GMT
All,

per [1], it seems that we don't need infra to actually move our SVN tree,
we can just do it ourselves.

I know that several in the community (I include myself here) are keen to
move to GIT, but I think we should probably distinguish between the
standard set of graduation tasks (moving out our code from under the
incubator branch) vs. a change in policy in how we work, that is using GIT
rather than SVN.

The guidance in [1] doesn't suggest that we need any sort of vote on it,
it's just a task to be done.  And since it doesn't impact anyone (when it
is done, it'll just need an svn switch to be performed), I'm going to try
to do it later on today and see if I have the karma.

Thus... this is just an fyi,

Thanks
Dan

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#transfer