From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: A DSL for Apache Isis programming?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 07:22:08 GMT
On 3 October 2012 15:03, Minto van der Sluis <minto@xup.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Graphical DSL's sounds very interesting. However I mostly prefer textual
> representations since it allows me to easily diff 2 files/versions.

Yeah, agreed.  Although I only got interested in Naked Objects off the back
of working with TogetherJ [1] (remember that?!), these days I'm of the view
that diagrams are good for communication, but aren't very good as managed
software artifacts.  Hence, a tool should be good at visualizing existing
code, (eg Structure101 [2]), but not much more.

Dan

[1]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Better-Software-Faster-Coad-Carmichael/dp/0130087521
[2] http://structure101.com/