From Dan Haywood <>
Subject Re: RDF based object store
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:41:34 GMT
Finger-in-the-air estimate: about a month's work.  That's assuming that you
are reasonably familiar with the Isis internals.  Probably worth doubling
or trebling that estimate otherwise.

Another option for you to consider, which i suspect will be rather less
work, is to use the JDO objectstore, and then to implement DataNucleus'
StoreManager API [1].  As you are probably aware, JDO supports non-RDBMS as
well as RDBMS APIs, and the StoreManager API is what does the heavily
lifting for a specific persistence store.

I suggest this option:
a) JDO/DataNucleus is a more mature product than Isis in this regard, and
so there's (presumably) more resources out there on doing this
b) it'll exercise the JDO object store that I worked on recently, and so
flesh out any issues that might be lurking
c) it prevents Isis from gaining yet more code that we then needs to be